First of all, thank you for your genuine interest in Tiny Footsteps Travel. I’m Kristin, a mom of 2, world traveller, teacher, writer and blogger. I’ve been to over 30 countries, lived in 7, and travelled with kids to more than 10.
After dreaming of having a travel blog for years, I finally decided to start Tiny Footsteps Travel in 2023. By then, it seemed that I was ‘late to the game’ when it comes to blogging, but I stuck with it and my blog has grown quickly in the short time since it launched – I appreciate people trusting me with their travel plans and aspirations.
The name, ‘Tiny Footsteps’ is meant to be a tribute to all of the travelling I’ve done with my children.
I travelled as a young adult before my kids were born to places like South Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia and Australia. My dream is to return to some of these places.
I didn’t want to give up travel after becoming a parent, so I’ve continued to travel worldwide with my two kids. They have travelled with me to places like the famous Uffizi in Florence, Celtic ruins in Ireland, to coffee farms in Costa Rica.
I started Tiny Footsteps Travel to share my travel tips to make it easier for people to find the information they’re looking for their destination. Rather than sugar coating, I like to be as honest as possible to give people a realistic idea of what to expect, as if they’re hearing it from a good friend. My blog is human-written and based on personal experiences.
In the first 6 months, Tiny Footsteps Travel reached over 10,000 monthly visitors. Many people have asked me how I achieved this so quickly in the competitive travel blogging world, so I explain that more here.
My home country is Canada, and I’ve travelled to places like:
I’ve lived in many places around Ontario, and can tell you some of the best places to live and visit. Ontario is the most expensive province, but also one of the most exciting in many ways.
Outside Canada, I’ve travelled to..
- United States (Lake Tahoe, Nevada, Oregon, New York, Florida)
- Ireland (Dublin, Galway, Ring of Kerry, Cork, Limerick)
- England (Liverpool, London, Chester)
- Italy (Rome, Sardinia, Venice, Florence, Pisa, The Vatican)
- Iceland (Reykjavik, Vik, Glacier Lagoon, Golden Circle)
- Lithuania (Vilnius, Hill of Crosses)
- Latvia (Riga)
- Estonia (Tallinn)
- Bahamas (Nassau, Castaway Cay)
- Costa Rica (San José, Monteverde, La Fortuna, Quepos)
- Mexico (Mexico City, Taxco, San Cristobal de las Casas, Alcapulco, Oaxaca, Morelia, Guanajuato)
- Nicaragua (Ometepe, San Juan del Sur, Little Corn Island, Grenada)
- Japan (Kyoto, Osaka, Tokyo, Miyajima Island, Pearl Harbour)
- Korea (Busan, Seoul, Daegu)
- Australia (Sydney, Perth, Cairns, Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne, Magnetic Island, Monkey Mia)
- Thailand (Bangkok, Koh Chang, Phuket, Ko Phi Phi)
- Sweden (Stockholm, Bjästa, Örnsköldsvik)
- France (Paris, Rouen, Le Treport, Châtel, Mont St-Michel)
- Poland (Krakow, Oświęcim)
- Greece (Athens, Olympia, Hydra, Mykonos, Rhodes)
- Turkey (Kusadasi)
- Dominican Republic
- Cambodia (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Perhentian Islands)
- Guatemala (Antigua)
- Germany (Stuttgart, Munich, Hamberg)
- China (Shaing Hai, Beijing)
- Indonesia (Sumatra)
So needless to say, I love travel and have dedicated my life to doing it!
I intend to spend more time writing about tricks, hacks and squashing limiting beliefs about travelling with children, and helping families save money on trips. If you’re intrigued, please subscribe to my mailing list.
Tiny Footsteps Travel has been featured in a number of publications. Some of them include:
52 Perfect Days –14 Amazing Things to Do Along Ireland’s Ring of Kerry
Inspired Routes –37 ABSOLUTE Best Places to Visit in August
Adventurous Kate – Cities in Italy
Mike and Laura Travel –17 Best Quebec City Attractions: A Local’s Guide!
In Search of Sarah –Best Things to Do in London for Second-Time Visitors
Adventures Abound –Luxurious and Sustainable – Discovering the Best of Eco-Luxury Travel
Happy Little Traveler –Travelers Talk: How to Find the Travel Style?
Wandernity – 13 Epic International 21st Birthday Destinations
Mexico Insider – The Best Mexico Day of the Dead Destinations
Global Game Plan – 23 Great Ideas for Your 40th Birthday Trip
Culture Wedding – Best Canadian Honeymoon Destinations
Sol Salute- The Best Tacos in Mexico City (According to a Taco Addict)
Adventures with Tucknae – Weekend Breaks in Ireland
Buddy the Traveling Monkey – Surviving Natural Disasters While On Vacation
Paradise Catchers – Things to Do in Mexico City
Periodic Adventures – Best Fall Destinations in the US
Alex and Leah on Tour –25 Unmissable Experiences To Add To Your Italy Bucket List!
Homeroom Travels – Best Places to Visit in California in December
Many Other Roads – Reykjavik To Vik Drive (2023):11 Best Stops & Tips
Where Angie Wanders – 10 Places Around the World that Celebrate Halloween The Most
The Directionally Challenged Traveler – Autumn in Ireland
Planning Away – Best Cities in California to Visit